Wednesday, November 27, 2013

*Spoilers* Day of the Doctor review

Ok. I just saw it!!!!!!!
It was perfect.

NOTE: Those who haven't watched the Day of the Doctor and doesn't want anything spoiled VISIT ANOTHER PART OF THE INTERNET!!!!!

The whole episode was epic. Steven Moffet has made up for his bad writing skills the past while. All I can say right now is, "Well done, Mr. Moffet. I applaude thee."

I really liked how the started the episode with the original intro. I'm a bit confused though. Why is Clara teaching? Did she survive that last episode? Is she a new Clara? I guess it will all be explained soon enough.
I don't quite get why 10 has to be married to Elizabeth I. Moffet could have written the episode without that, though it was very funny when John Hurt, after seeing 10 get married, asked if kissing was going to happen often in his future and 11 says "It does start to happen..." And John starts to nod.


Also I bet that angry Queen Elizabeth I we see in The Shakespeare Code is so angry because her 'husband' promised to be right back, but due to his memory loss at the end of the episode (Day of the Doctor) he never returned. He left his new bride!



I absolutely love John Hurt's doctor. I might just have a new favorite. He is so gentle, yet doesn't want to be told no. I haven't seen John Hurt's other movies, but he looks like a pretty decent actor.

I was pretty dissappointed in Rose's character. I was hoping she would be there with the clone doctor. It would have been nice if she met 11. Then she would have seen the War Doctor, 9, 10, and 11. But I guess that wouldn't have worked though....Oh well.

 The part where all the doctors (even 12) were circling Gallifrey to save it was probably my favorite. When all those doctors showed their faces I was just sitting there with this huge silly grin on my face. And then when Peter Capaldi came up.....(I can't wait to see what kind of doctor he will be)

Moffet did a nice job with not ruining everything that had happened so far in Modern Who. The whole time stream thingy might be a bit far stretched but I don't care.

The last scene with Tom Baker was very special. I think Matt must have been pretty awestruck right then.




Well, I must really end this post now. It is late and I need to go to bed.

What did you think about The Day of the Doctor. (That is if you've seen it) {If you haven't WHY ARE YOU EVEN READING??}


In honor of Doctor Who I shall now say
A-lonsy!

This is my current background

No comments:

Post a Comment