Thursday, November 14, 2013

AASC Poem

Undeserving - from Luke 23:32-43
By Megan Nel

The soldier’s face is bleak and stark
As he lowers the hammer to meet its mark
I stole and I plundered, yet it brought no gain
Now they lift me up and I feel the pain

I hear the crowd as they scream and mock
I turn my head and our eyes lock
I recognize him as the so called King
A week ago His praises they’d sing

His eyes looked in mine; I knew he’s no Pariah
This must be the One, the promised Messiah
The mocking continues without any mercy
The people are lost in their own controversy

The brigand beside Him let out a cuss
“If thou be Christ save thyself and us”
His uncaring words set my anger afire
How could he say this when he’s ‘bout to expire

I rebuke him but he does not care
A callused heart showing no despair
I make a simple last request
Christ’s answer sets my heart at rest

Though my past was filled with lies
Today I’ll meet Him in Paradise
He treated me with love unswerving
Though I’m a sinner that’s undeserving

No comments:

Post a Comment