Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Living life without sugar

 Hey guys!

 So back in January Gavin, also known as Sontard from the Shaytards, celebrated going a year without sugar. (To those of you who have no idea who I'm talking about; they are a family on YouTube)

 No cake.
 No sweets.
 No fizzy drinks.
 A completely sugarless year.

 To that I say. "You amaze me!"

 Sontard is a ten year old boy, one doesn't see such behavior at that age. Right?

 Anywho... Sontard inspired me to try this sugar free thing, but I knew there was no way I could make it a full year so I decided I'll do it for one month. February was out of the question, because I planned on eating chocolate on Valentine's Day, so I settled on March.

 When I told my mom about my plan she liked it too, and then we decided the whole family had to do it. And then a family friend, Matt, decided he'll join in as well.

Tell them Boromir

 Who would have thought it would be this hard? There are these little things that just frustrates me. For example, I want to make a sandwich. I decide on peanut butter and jam, then I realize I can't because jam has sugar in it. Then I realize I don't really eat non sugar things on my bread, (I hate Marmite and I'm not overly fond of cheese spread, and that's basically all other options I have) at least not easy spreads. And then of cause every time we visit someone we cannot accept their snacks because it is sugary snacks.

I don't really have this ravishing need for sugar, but I miss it. I suppose it is because eating sugar is such a habit to me.

But as that song says "I WILL SURVIVE!"*I hope*

Anyway, I'm using the sugar free month as my excuse for not posting the next chapter of the blog story. I'm an author. We needs our sugars to write the books, precious, we must have it....

But seriously it will hopefully be out by Sunday.

I'll leave you now to sulk about my sugarless life...

~DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment