Friday, January 3, 2014

Blog story ideas

I know I'm late with this blog post... but you need to be in a mood of sorts to blog and I wasn't in it. (Yes I was lazy)

Hey there internet people!
I trust everyone had a nice holiday. Yes?
My grandparents left us yesterday :( and they arrived safely in South Africa :) We had a very fun time with them. I'm glad we had them over.

My school starts again on Wednesday! I've missed it. (I'm not being sarcastic, its true) 
I'll also get to initiate my sister and her friend into high school. Any ideas of what I should do with them? I have a few planned but I can't tell you, its a secret.

Okay, now for the real purpose of this post.

I have an idea for my blog this year...
I want to challenge myself to start a story here. I guess what it comes to is I want to write creatively. (Bear with me, I'll make sense eventually.)

Have you ever played the game where you're in a group of people and someone starts telling a story, stops, and someone else pick up and continues the story, stops, another person continues it? My idea is almost like that.

No I don't want you to continue where I leave off... instead I want you to leave a comment on the post with a suggestion of what should happen next... who the hero should meet next... everything really.
You, the reader of my blog, gets to decide where the story goes; I have to write your ideas into a story.

If you don't understand what I'm saying just leave a comment and I'll reply with a answer that hopefully makes more sense.

I don't know how often the story will be updated, it really just depends on your ideas; but I would like it to be updated once or twice a month.


My first suggestion requests is:
A name for the story- Something exciting
Who the main character should be- Gender, race, age, job, interests...
Who the supporting characters should be- best friend, enemy...
Where should the story be set?

And finally

What should happen in the first chapter?


I don't care how wacky it gets, just keep it appropriate. 

You ready?
GO!

 ~DFTBA

7 comments:

  1. Hi Megan, here's an idea: A girl who finds a journal and everything that is written in the journal happens to her:)
    P.S
    Really cool idea:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
    2. A person (Boy or girl) who wakes up one morning to find that his/her alarm clock hasn't gone off yet to wake up for school. He/she waits for a few minutes and realizes that the time hasn't moved forward -it's frozen on 6:57AM. He/She has to find the source of the problem, and everyone (with the exception of a few people that help the MC) is also frozen. I think it's a brilliant idea to write a story on your blog. I also started on www.story-a-writing.blogspot.com although it's a bit different to what you're doing. :)

      Delete
    3. That is a brilliant idea! :D
      Do you have any name ideas? I want you guys to nominate the character name, gender, the setting, what time the story is in, etc.
      I'll check it out. :)

      Delete
    4. A title for the story could be as simple as '6:57' or something more complex -like 'For the Sake of Time' or 'The Clock'. These aren't very good suggestions, but I'm sure someone else will be able to provide a good title :) As for the gender, if it were me writing the story, I would probably make the MC a boy aged 15 or so. The first scene would take place as the MC wakes up and waits for the alarm to go off at 7:00AM but it doesn't. I would set the story in modern time (hence the alarm clock) :D Hope it's helpful :)

      Delete
  2. Ooooooo. I like that idea!

    I'm just going to write you an email because there is so much to tell you about.
    :D

    ReplyDelete