Sunday, January 19, 2014

Move the tree!!!!

Hi guys!
How has your day been so far?

 I'm turning eighteen in a few months then I can apply for my driver's license. I can hardly wait! I can't really say my parents are all that excited but I sure am.

Yesterday my dad called me outside. He pulled the car out just a little bit, got out and told me to get in the drivers seat. I think my face must have turned grey. Our car is a Ford Ranger (affectionately called Aragon by the family. I think you know why. Right?)

It is a big car.

My dad explained to me what all the pedals are and what they do. Aragon is a automatic so I didn't have to worry about changing gears just yet. (Phew)
Then it happened. The explaining was over. My dad told me to release the brakes and guide the car down the hill on which it stood. I carefully released, then SLAMMED on the brakes again. I told my dad I couldn't do it.

You see; we have this tree planted next to the house. A big tree, not just some bush. And it was right there in front of me, a few meters away. I was convinced I was going to drive right into it and total the car, probably injuring my dad in the process.

I asked my dad to drive the car to the bottom of the hill and I would go the rest of the way. He refused and coaxed me all the way to the bottom of the small hill. I managed to do so without anyone getting hurt.

Then he told me to press down on the petrol a little tiny bit so that I could park the car on the grass for its bath. That was pretty easy.

Just like that the lesson was over. I shakily climbed out and handed the keys back to my dad.

Later I found my dad and mom laughing hysterically at something. I asked them what the big joke was. And my dad said.

"Megan, do you realize that earlier in the car you asked me to move the tree?"

I had no idea I said so.




I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your day!

~DFTBA

1 comment:

  1. My dad did that to me once. I never wanted to learn how to drive though, so I wasn't looking forward to any of it. But one day he had me get in a car and drive. It was fun though, by the end of it, but the beginning wasn't.
    Isn't it kind of a pain though, when things insist on getting in your way while you are practicing?

    ReplyDelete