Friday, December 7, 2012

The Afters


I really like listening to music and reading up things on the internet, (for no real useful reason) so I decided I will start to write a series of review-like articles about my favorite bands. (And maybe hear from you guys who your favorite bands are :)

First up is the Christian boy band (and my current music obsession)......





The Afters

Genre: Christian Rock.

Members: Joshua Havens, Mark Fuqua, Jordan Mohilowski, Dan Ostebo


The Afters was formed in 1999 in a Starbucks somewhere in Texas under the name of The Screaming Mimes (a reference to a St. Francis of Assisi quote "Witness at all times. Sometimes use words.") But later changed their name to Blisse and then finally The Afters.

They have released three albums so far and have another one coming sometime soon.

Their song Life Is Beautiful is part of the soundtrack for the movie October Baby. (Which I hope to be watching sometime soon.)



I first heard of them at a Rock the River concert in Ottawa three months ago. Out of all the bands that preformed that day they were my favorite.

Why do I like their music? I think it’s their sound. I don’t know if it’s their voices or the mixture of the instruments they use (maybe a bit of both) but they sound great.


My favorite song of theirs is Start Over closely followed by Lift Me Up.

Least favorite song is We Are The Sound. (Only because I felt I must name a least favorite song)

1 comment:

  1. They sound like a nice band! I don't think I've ever heard of them till now...

    ReplyDelete